Now that you have learned valuable information about holistic dentistry, it is time to reiterate the most important parts to help you live a happier, healthier life. The primary goal of holistic dentistry is to treat your teeth and gums while working in harmony with the rest of your body. As with every goal in life, it’s usually the small changes that make the biggest difference. With the small changes, comes the reassurance you will feel by knowing you are doing everything in your control to live a healthier lifestyle, one step at a time.
Key Things to Know About Holistic Dentistry
Your Teeth, Gums and Jaw
- Use as many tools as necessary to help keep your mouth clean (waterpik, tongue scraper, natural toothpaste, floss)
- Wait at least 30 minutes before brushing your teeth after a meal to reduce the effects of acid on your teeth
- Pain in the jaw is not normal. Have us assess your joint for possible intervention, as jaw pain can lead to migraines, face/neck or shoulder pain, grinding/clenching, toothaches, or dizziness/fainting spells
- Be sure to keep up with recommendations suggested by your dentist and dental hygienist
- Listen to your body – if something seems wrong, it probably is
- Holistic dentistry approaches can help better manage your body with cancer, diabetes, and heart disease, as well as keep Mom and baby safe during pregnancy
- Remove all mercury fillings due to their known health effects
Nutrition and Overall Health
- Eat more foods such as kale, apples, garlic, seaweed, and almonds to help your body obtain the vitamins and minerals it needs to optimize health.
- Consuming a variety of vitamins and minerals will help your teeth and gums stay healthy, resulting in a healthier body overall. Vitamin A, B vitamins, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Calcium, and Coenzyme Q10 are some of our suggestions
- Drink green tea – it can protect against radiation, help fight periodontal disease, reduce inflammation, and battle bad breath.
- Sugary, processed foods can promote acid in your mouth to increase, leaving you with thin enamel and cavities
The Last Bit of Advice
Every person’s body works differently, which is why it is important to find out which interventions are best for you. We are passionate about learning innovative ways to you with your overall health, so we can ultimately help you prevent disease and live a happy and healthy life.
If you have questions about holistic dentistry, cosmetic dentistry or would like to talk about your specific situation, call 905-338-6684 or fill out the form below to get in touch with Oakville holistic dentist Dr. Agatha Bis.
Dr. Agatha Bis Dentistry is located in Oakville Ontario and helps patients from Oakville, Burlington, Milton, Hamilton, Mississauga, and Toronto with their holistic and cosmetic dental needs.