Lemons have been loved for centuries because of the number of amazing health benefits they offer. Combining warm water with lemon is a smart way to energize, hydrate yourself and increase your metabolism while receiving all the nutrients from lemons. Here are the top ten benefits lemons can offer you:
- Lemons increase the rate of urination, which flushes out unwanted toxins faster. Citric Acid, which is found in lemons, detoxifies the liver because of they way it aids in enzyme function.
Immune System Booster
- Lemons, being high in Vitamin C and Potassium, work together to fight colds and keep brain and nerve function working at their best. Lemons are used to aid respiratory problems because of their anti inflammatory effect.
Lemons Aid Digestion
- The digestive qualities of lemons help to relieve symptoms of indigestion such as heartburn, belching and bloating. It encourages the liver to produce bile, which is an acid that is required for digestion.
- Acid in lemons is essential for wound healing, healthy bones and healthy tissue.
- Lemons offer your breath a fresh smell. They can also help with gingivitis and tooth pain.
Hydrates your Lymph System
- When water and lemons work together, they provide amazing hydrating effects for your body making you feel awake and rejuvenated.
Helps with Weight Loss
- Lemons have been raved about for their weight loss ability. High in pectin fiber, a nutrient that keeps cravings at bay, many people have found satisfaction in lemons instead of giving into their cravings.
Balances Ph Levels
- Lemons are a very alkaline once they are ingested. Lemons are easily metabolized and this allows for the minerals to alkalize the blood. When blood is alkalized, it reduces your chances of getting sick and aids in muscle and joint pain.
- The Vitamin C in lemons is extremely important for your skin. Vitamin C helps kill bacteria that can give you acne and even decrease wrinkles and age spots.
Energizes You and Is a Mood Enhancer
- Lemons have been known to help with anxiety and depression because of their calming smell. The minerals in lemons have a very positive effect when they enter your body making you feel energized and happy.
With more awareness about diet and health, our patients are not only making better choices today but also improving their quality of life long-term. We are always looking for ways to learn, grow and contribute to our patients.
If you are looking for a dentist that is always looking for new and better ways to be healthy or are interested to learn more about Dr. Agatha Bis Dentistry Oakville, give us a call at 905-338-6684 or fill out our contact form here.