A Crucial Element of Your Visit
Dental X-rays are one of the most important parts of your regular dental treatment. I provides a closer look at what’s happening below the surface to better identify potential dental issues such as abscessed teeth, dental tumors, and cysts.
Additionally, your dental X-rays shows:
- The condition of prior dental procedures, such as fillings, crowns, root canals, and bridges
- Potential bone loss as a result of periodontal gum disease
- Hidden tartar build up
Digital Dental X-Rays
Digital dental X-rays are used to take images of your mouth, including close-up views of tooth structure and jaw bones.
How a digital X-rays work:
A small sensor that is connected to a processing computer is positioned in your mouth. The sensor captures an image and sends it through to the computer. This process is repeated until all necessary photos are achieved.
Assessment and diagnosis is virtually instantaneous.
The benefits of using digital dental X-rays include:
- A reduced radiation exposure during the X-ray process
- No need for dental film or processing chemicals to see the images
- Analysis and assessment is virtually instantaneous
- An almost instantaneous ability to see the X-ray images, no processing time required
- The ability to see colour contrast when viewing the image
The benefits of digital dental X-rays are immense, and the process is simple and painless. Get in touch with our office to learn more about the benefits of digital x rays.